Fairgrove Fire Department
Administration Phone Number 1-989-693-6572
Fire Chief Doug Young
Fire Buring Information:
Ordinance 51 does not allow for open burning in the Village of Fairgrove .The ordinance does allow for a campfire.
Here are some safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association and the Fairgrove Fire Department.
1. Keep your camp fire at least 25 feet away from building structures.
2. Clear away dry leaves and sticks, shrubs and overhanging low branches.
3. Avoid burning on windy dry days as it could easily spread out of control.
4. Never let children or pets stand or play close to the fire.
5. Attend to the fire at all times. If left alone it could spread to a very damaging
out of control fire.
6.Never use gasoline or other flammable or combustible liquids to start the fire.
7. Always have hose, bucket of water or shovel and dirt or sand to put out the
fire. Make sure the fire is completely out before leaving the camp site.
8. If your clothes catch fire, Stop, Drop and Roll, covering your face, rolling back
and forth until the fire is out.
9. Treat a burn right away. Cool the burn with cool water for 3 to 5 minutes. Cover
with a clean, dry cloth. Get medical attention if needed.
If roasting marshmallows, help with young children. Never shake a roasting marshmallow, it can turn into a flying, flaming ball. A heated metal skewer can cause burns.
Campfire accidents send thousands of people to emergency rooms with burn injuries every year.
Fire Chief Douglas Young and the National Fire Protection Association