|October 16, 2019
Below is the information requested about this meeting.
|<- Return To List|
|Monday, November 2, 2015||7:00 PM|
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MEETING
Oct 5, 2015 – 7:00pm
- ROLL CALL – Wassa, Gehrls, Maguire, B. Phelps, C. Phelps
- AGENDA - ADDITIONS/CORRECTIONS
- APPROVE MINUTES
- Regular Council Meeting – Sep 14, 2015
- AUDIENCE RECOGNITION
- DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire Run report
- Fire Chief’s report on conference
- Department of Public Works
- Clerk’s Items
- Info: Par Plan News
- Info: the review
- Info: Public Hearing DTE Oct 7th, 2015
- Survey completed Improving community resiliency in the Saginaw Bay Watershed
- Report: Audit complete
- AUDIT SUGGESTION CHANGE CAPILTKA IMPROVEMENT FROM $300 TO $1000
- Filing for F-65 Completed
- Treasurers report : tax collection complete
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Residential Professional District
- Location of workmen Comp Treatment
- NEW BUSINESS
- Parade of Lights on Dec 4th @6 PM (Same route as last year) Put on by Pat Gibber
- Approve transaction list for September
FAIRGROVE VILLAGE COUNCIL MINUTES
Nov 2, 2015
PRESENT: T. Wassa, C. Phelps, D. Maguire. B. Phelps
EMPLOYEES: H. Stark, D. Englehart
Visitors included: Several that did not sign in.
Council meeting was called to order.
- Nov Agenda: Additions made. Motion to approve, D. Maguire. Second, B. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- Council Meeting Minutes- 5 Oct 2015. Motion to approve D. Maguire. Second, B. Phelps. All in favor, motion carried.
- Bean Festival would like to use the hall for meetings on the 3rd Thursday of the month. (added to the schedule)
- . DEPARTMENT/COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Fire –
- The FD reports there were four runs during the previous month including two for live wires down, an unattended grass fire (owner was there but not clearly visible- cell phone reported) and an assist to the Caro Fire Department for a structure fire.
- The FD Chief reviewed the recommendations received by the risk assessment evaluator. The department has a plan in place and is addressing the outlined issues. Most findings were administrative in nature and are easily corrected. The department will keep the council advised on their progress. (Feb 2016 deadline to correct.)
- The FD handed out glow sticks for Halloween. The rain impacted the numbers stopping by. (60-70)
- The department requested the council discuss raising firemen’s pay from $8.15 to $9.00. The council discussed the issue in detail and examined the budget and year to date documentation. The roll call vote was as follows
- T. Wassa – Nay
- D. Maguire – Nay
- B Phelps – Aye
- C. Phelps – Aye
The motion did not carry.
- The FD will be hosting the Tuscola County Fire Association meeting in December on the 3rd Friday of the month. They request use of the village hall. (Added to the schedule)
- DPW –
- The DPW supervisor reported on an emergency repair to the submersible sewage lift system at the school. The needed repair had been identified in the annual inspection and was slated to be addressed next fiscal year. DPW estimated $20,000 would be needed to repair. The Clerk will review the agreement with the school.
- The road closure request for Parade of Lights has been made. The clerk is awaiting MDOT approval.
- The final financial report for FY 2014/2015 was received and presented to the board and audience. The report was good- all in order.
- DTE is change the streetlight at Main and North Village Limits from 250 Watt mercury vapor to 100 Watt HPS.
- The clerk received a request from Burnham and Flowers Insurance Agency to “restate” the existing Government Non-ERISA pension plan for the village. The “restatement” does not change the provisions of the plan and is required to bring the plan into compliance. The clerk read the sample resolution (attached) for consideration. B. Phelps moved that the board accept the resolution as written. C. Phelps seconded.
The Roll Call vote was in favor.
- T. Wassa – Aye
- D. Maguire – Aye
- B Phelps – Aye
- C. Phelps – Aye
- The ordinance amendment for the Residential Professional District has been sent to the Lawyer for review. The clerk will schedule a public hearing for the ordinance at the December board meeting.
- The Redi-Med walk-in clinic system is officially the village’s service provider for non-emergency treatment services. The clerk reviewed the employee packages that highlight this change and presented the packages to the Fire Chief. (Package includes Redi-Med letter, employment file review findings, payroll memo and insurance beneficiary form.)
- B Phelps and T. Wassa will work on installing the town hall projector.
- T. Wassa requested that the Ahrens family be permitted to use the hall, December 17th for a fundraiser. The date conflicts with the Bean Festival’s hall use. The Bean Festival agreed to move their meeting.
- The Zoning Board of Appeals has presented a draft copy of their annual meeting. They report that B. Phelps is the new Chairman, Lynn Cramer is the Vice Chair and Jim Blankenship is the Secretary.
- The president reappoints Steven Young to a new term expiring Nov 1, 2018. He will contact Carl Childs for possible reappointment and investigate the possibility of adding an alternate from the planning commission
- The Village is scheduled to receive funds from the SAW grant submission. The discussion is tabled until the December meeting.
- The Neighborhood Watch requests that DPW bring the old broken village decorations to the hall for evaluation and repair.
- Motion to approve October disbursements totaling $109,785.45 made by D Maguire, Seconded by B. Phelps. (Attached). The motion was approved.
T. Wassa -Aye.
D. Maguire -Aye
C. Phelps -Aye
B. Phelps - Aye
Meeting adjourned at 8:27 PM. Motion made by D. Maguire, Seconded by B. Phelps.
Fairgrove Village Clerk
|<- Return To List|