<- Back to List
69-B - Above Ground Pools
Ordinance 69-B FOR THE INSTALATION OF
ABOVE GROUND SWIMMING POOLS & SPAS
This checklist is intended to assist you in knowing what this Village needs before we can issue a permit(s) for the installation of above ground swimming pools, spas & hot tubs.
ANY ABOVE GROUND POOLS, SPA OR HOT TUB THAT CONTAINS WATER OVER 24” IN DEPTH AND WHICH OS USED OR INTENDED TO BE USED FOR SWIMMING OR RECREATIONAL BATHING IN CONNECTION WITH AN OCCUPANCY IN USE GROUP R-3 REQUIRES A BUILDING PERMIT.
2015 Michigan Residential Code Section R326:
R326.1 General. The design and construction of pools and spas shall comply with the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code.
You must supply the Village with the following:
- SITE PLAN W/ZONING APPROVAL: Show all lot lines and all buildings on the property. Show the desired location of the pool, spa or hot tub and show the distance between all buildings and the property lines.
- THE POOL MANUFATURERS INSTALATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PROJECT.
- ALL POOLS require a building permit to assure compliance with the code for installation as well as other code requirements for safety such as fencing.
- MOST above ground pools, spas & hot tubs may require an electrical permit it will be determined.
- ALL POOLS that are heated will require a mechanical permit.
A spa or hot tub will be referred to SCMCCI for the following items:
Cost of permits for above ground pool, spa or hot tub is as follows:
BUILDING PERMIT $90.00
PLAN REVIEW: $50.00
ELECTRICAL PERMIT $90.00
MECHANICAL PERMIT $90.00
Made and passed by the Village of Fairgrove Council this 4th day of November, 2019.
CARL CHILDS, Village of Fairgrove President
CRISTI SMITH, Village of Fairgrove Clerk
Yeas: Nelson/ Stevens/ Phelps/ Childs
Ordinance declared adopted
STATE OF MICHIGAN)
COUNTY OF TUSCOLA)
I, the undersigned, Village Clerk for the Village of Fairgrove, Tuscola County, Michigan, do hereby certify that Ordinance No. 69-B, adopted by the Village of Fairgrove Council on the 4th day of November, 2019, was recorded in full in the Minutes of the Meeting of said Village Council on said date, and was signed by the President and the Clerk of the Village of Fairgrove.
Dated: November 4, 2019
CRISTI SMITH, Clerk
<- Back to List