<- Back to List
69-A - In-Ground Swimming Pools
VILLAGE of FAIRGROVE
5005 W. Center • PO Box 227
Fairgrove, MI 48733
Phone (989) 693- 6572
Ordinance 69-A FOR THE INSTALLATION OF
IN GROUND SWIMMING POOLS
This checklist is intended to assist you in knowing what the Village need before we can issue a permit(s) for the installation of in ground swimming pools.
ANY IN-GROUND POOL THAT CONTAINS WATER OVER 24” IN DEPTH AND WHICH IS USED OR INTENDED TO BE USED FOR SWIMMING OR RECREATIONAL BATHING IN CONNECTION WITH AN OCCUPANCY IN USE GROUP R-3 REQUIRES A BUILDING PERMIT.
2015 Michigan Residential Code Section R326:
R326.1 General. The design and construction of pools and spas shall comply with the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code.
You must supply this office with all of the Following:
- SITE PLAN W/ZONING APPROVAL: Show all lot lines and all buildings on the property. Show the desired location of the pool and show the distance between all buildings and the property lines.
- THE POOL MANUFATURERS INSTALATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PROJECT.
- ALL POOLS require a building permit to assure compliance with the code for installation as well as other code requirements for safety such as fencing.
- ALL in ground pools will require an electrical permit.
- ALL POOLS that are heated will require a mechanical permit.
After all the above information has been given to this Village Zoning administrator, a copy will be given to Tuscola County where a plan review will be developed for installation of you pool.
Tuscola County For your information please verify this information on their website: SCMCCI
Cost of permits for in ground pool as follows:
BUILDING PERMIT: $180.00
PLAN REVIEW: $50
ELECTRICAL PERMIT: $180
MECHANICAL PERMIT: $90
Made and passed by the Village of Fairgrove Council this 4th day of November, 2019.
CARL CHILDS, Village of Fairgrove President
CRISTI SMITH, Village of Fairgrove Clerk
Yeas: Nelson/ Stevens/ Phelps/ Childs
Ordinance declared adopted
STATE OF MICHIGAN)
COUNTY OF TUSCOLA)
I, the undersigned, Village Clerk for the Village of Fairgrove, Tuscola County, Michigan, do hereby certify that Ordinance No.69-A, adopted by the Village of Fairgrove Council on the 4th day of November, 2019, was recorded in full in the Minutes of the Meeting of said Village Council on said date, and was signed by the President and the Clerk of the Village of Fairgrove.
Dated: November 4, 2019
CRISTI SMITH, Clerk
<- Back to List