<- Back to List
13 - FIREARMS
VILLAGE OF FAIRGROVE
TUSCOLA COUNTY, MICHIGAN
ORDINANCE NO. 13
THE VILLAGE OF FAIRGROVE ORDAINS:
Sec. 1. That no person, except a police officer or other peace officer in the discharge of his duty: shall fire or discharge a firearm, Air Rifle, Bow and Arrow, BB gun or other dangerous weapon within the limits of the Village of Fairgrove, except under the following conditions:
1. Permission is granted to the title owners of unplotted farm land lying within the Village limits, and their guests to hunt upon their own premises, except the use of firearms within 20 rods of a street, highway, residence or building is expressly prohibited.
2. That all firearms, Air Rifles, Bows and Arrows, BB guns and other dangerous weapons carried or used contrary to this ordinance are hereby declared forfeited to the Village of Fairgrove and can be redeemed only at the discretion of the Village Council, after all court fines and costs have been paid.
3. Permission is also granted to set up a safe and suitable target range on a person’s own property for target purposes only, and shall be at the discretion of the acting Police or Peace officer what constitutes a safe and suitable range.
4. No minor may carry or discharge any of the previously named dangerous weapons unless such use is under immediate supervision of some person not less than seventeen (17) years of age.
5. That any violation of this ordinance shall be a misdemeanor punishable, on conviction by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100) or imprisonment in the County hail, for not to exceed ninety (90) days or both. In case a misdemeanor is committed by a minor, under twenty-one (21) years of age the parents or guardian of that minor shall be held responsible.
6. That this ordinance shall take effect twenty (20) days after it has been enacted by the Fairgrove Village Council.
WILLIAM E HAMILTON, PRESIDENT
MRS. BARBARA ALDRICH, CLERK
ADOPTED March 9, 1959
<- Back to List